When is the last time you sat in a village surrounded by the forest when is the last time you were at so peaceful place that you were able to listen to your own footsteps and when is the last time you realized that air is the purest thing you can feel while breathing? Join us for a weekend stay and meet up in a village in Corbett National Park. Corbett for us is always more than fancy resorts and jungle safari, for us it is more about villages, culture and real wild life. Therefore, we promote what we believe in. The present generation needs to realize that we need nature, nature doesn't need us, therefore, join us on this journey of realization. Join for this weekend meet up in a village in Corbett.
The facility of stay is very basic and clean toilets are available. Please consider that we are going for a village stay.
30th Sept: Starting from Delhi by 05.00 am
Reach the village by 11.30 am
Stay in the village
01st Oct: Early morning bird watching
Village and farm walk
Games by evening | Stay in the village
02nd Oct: Visit Sitabani Temple
Drive back to Delhi by noon.
30th September 2017
- We will start our drive from New Delhi by early morning towards Jim Corbett National Park, by 05.00 am from Akshardham Metro Station. It will be almost 6 hours drive, let’s hope for the best timings. Once we reach the village, we will take some rest, walk around the big house in the middle of trees and jungle.
- After lunch and some rest, you can go for a small walk in the village and enjoy the peaceful nature. The mystic sounds of birds and creepers are enough to keep you engage in your walk. Share talks with people in the village.
- By evening we are planning to go for a small session of stories on the topic ‘ traveling’ and we all will share our travel stories.
01st October 2017
- Tomorrow early morning we will go for a bird watching walk near the river. Small, big, rare, common, all sorts of birds. Do remember to carry your camera, if you are interested in bird watching.
- We are planning to invite an NGO which is working in the field of waste management and recycling and making our forest better place for animals and humans. For sure listening to them will be an experience worth implementing in life.
- The same day you can also go for a walk in nearby fields and can understand the way people are involved in organic farming.
- Get ready for some games by evening, the games which involve soils & mud, the games which we are present only in our memories, the games which involve physical activities. So, something which kids of last decade only know.
- By early morning of this day, we have two options, either to visit Sitabani Temple in the core area or to go for a waterfall trek. We will decide this one day before the program. Both the options are really interesting and adventurous.
- After this, we will go for a heritage walk in the village established by Jim Corbett himself as walk over one of his heritage trails. Listen to his stories and experience some of his belongings.
- After a traditional Kumaonai lunch we will start our journey back for New Delhi, with lots of memories and few new friends.
Charges for the Weekend Meetup
- One Person: INR 4800 per person
- Group Discount: 10%
- Transport to and from New Delhi
- Two night stay in sharing basis
- 6 meals in the village (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Activities mentioned above in the itinerary (Bird watching, games, NGO Interactions etc.)
- Meals during transfers to and from New Delhi
- For drive to Sitabani Temple, we need to contribute INR 400 per person
- Any Personal Expenses
If you have any questions, please feel free to drop us a message over WhatsApp, our number is +91-95993-28066. Or you can also shoot us an email at email@example.com
What is Gyan Yatra
Gyan Yatra is a travel team and we design new cool travel programs which are responsible towards society, nature and local customs at the same time. Soon we are coming up with long distance cycle tours and farm stays in the Himalayas. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for the updates.